Breaking News

A Horse With No Name

On Monday night we went to see America (the band, not the country). I've always liked them, which I guess means I'm a fan of nonsensical lyrics that are loaded with "la la la's" and set to guitar music. You may remember my confusion about Ventura Highway's "alligator lizards in the air." Well, here's part of another one of their songs that I really like but don't quite get:

"I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.
It felt good to be out of the rain.
In the desert you can remember your name,
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain."

Is that a triple negative in the last line?! Glorious! I'm also impressed that they managed to rhyme a seemingly unrhymable word like "name" with the equally complex word "name." Genius! But the most incredible thing about this song is the attitude of the guy who sings it. Finding himself lost in the desert on a horse he can't even converse with because he hasn't the means to address it, instead of focusing on his inevitable thirst-related death, what he thinks is, "How nice that it's not raining." Good for him.


One time I sprained my ankle and forgot my name for a couple weeks... pain will do that. If only we could all live in the carefree desert.

Xem thêm các thương hiệu mỹ phẩm locean, mỹ phẩm kosé, nước hoa tommy hilfiger, nước hoa calvin klein, nước hoa christian dior, nước hoa lancôme, mỹ phẩm scien sight, mỹ phẩm laneige, mỹ phẩm la roche-posay, mỹ phẩm ohui, mỹ phẩm sakura, mỹ phẩm vichy, mỹ phẩm shiseido, mỹ phẩm miss fairy, mỹ phẩm luna belle, mỹ phẩm vacci, mỹ phẩm angel madam đang khuyến mãi giá tốt đang giảm giá trên thị trường mỹ phẩm làm đẹp